It's Mentor Night!
This week we are NOT meeting at church, but are wanting your confirmand and their mentor to meet in some way that best suits you! It could be over the phone, facetime, zoom, or safely in person.
At the bare minimum, go through the following discussion, but as always we encourage you to go "above and beyond"--spend time together, have lunch or dinner together (safely), watch/support the mentee in athletic or other extra curricular events, etc.
Here's the discussion guide for this week; when you are done, send us some verification that you participated in an email.
Talk about your future in 3, 5, 10, 50, and 100 years (with whom and where will you live, what kind of school/work/career will you be doing, some things you hope to be doing.
Have you ever had a premonition or a dream that came true?
Some things come true because of our actions or inactions. Talk through the following:
· What will happen if you smoke a pack a day for the rest of your life?
· What will happen if you drink alcohol every day or take a lot of drugs?
· What happens if you play video games for the whole weekend day and night?
· What happens if you never get exercise?
· What will happen if you go to church every week and read your Bible every day?
· What will happen if you try to befriend everyone that you meet?
· What will happen if you try to live a Christian life of service every day?
Prophets are people in the Bible who speak the Word of God to talk about the future. Sometimes prophets warn people to stop living in sinful ways.
Open your Bible and read Micah 6.
· What’s the overall feeling of this chapter? How does it make you feel?
· What part of this prophecy is nice to read, and what part is scary?
· What does God require of people? (underline verse 8)
· What happens if they do not listen to God?
Sometimes prophets speak the Word of God to talk about the future to give comfort and hope.
Read Ezekiel 37:1-14. What is God saying through these words?
Read Isaiah 40. What good things do you read here?
Read Isaiah 53. What do you think these prophetic words are talking about?
Talk about life’s joys and challenges.