It's Mentor Night!
This week we are NOT meeting at church, but are wanting your confirmand and their mentor to meet in some way that best suits you! It could be over the phone, facetime, zoom, or safely in person.
Our first mentor night we are mostly just wanting mentors and mentees to connect with one another. At the bare minimum, go through the following discussion, but as always we encourage you to go "above and beyond"--spend time together, have lunch or dinner together (safely), watch/support the mentee in athletic or other extra curricular events, etc.
Here's the discussion guide for this week! When you are done, send us some verification that you participated in an email.
Questions to ask each other:
- What is a good thing about your day? What is a bad thing about your day?
- What is something you are looking forward to?
- What is your favorite food and drink?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you like to go? Why?
- If you could see and talk with anyone in heaven, who would it be? Why?
- Why were you given your name? Do you know what it means?
- What was your life like when you were young?
- What was/is your life like in middle school/junior high?
- What is life like in your home?
- If you could ask God three questions, what would they be?
- Why do you believe in God?
- What do you like about church?
- What don’t you like about church?
- Look up and read Matthew 11:28-30.
- What does Jesus mean when he says this? What does it mean for you?
- Have you ever had a prayer answered?
- Has God ever answered a prayer by saying “No”?
- What is something you pray for now?
- Say a prayer with each other. Pray for something for each of you, our community, our country and the world.